Hal and Martha Hopson greatly expanded the music program when they joined the church staff in 1974
The youth choir often led worship.
Members of the Youth Choir caroled in 1949 for the Fannie Battle Day Home.
Children’s choir as well as handbell choirs were established at Westminster.
Organist Thomas H. Webber, Jr. designed Westminster’s new pipe organ which was installed in 1958. Webber, regarded as one of the top ten organists in the U.S., was also a noted designer. Webber was Westminster’s first minister of music. The Memorial Fund for the new organ was begun in 1950.
Built by the Moller Company in Hagerstown, Maryland, this organs regarded as one of the finest in the South.
Webber performed the Dedicatory Recital.
Summer music camp gives elementary students the opportunity to work on a musical that is performed during Sunday school for the entire church.
Youth opportunities in music greatly expanded.
Choir Dedication Sunday brought all of the choirs into the sanctuary for a service of music and dedication. Hal Hopson often wrote original compositions for the combined choirs that were performed at these services.