Done in community with their class, Confirmation at Westminster is for 8th Graders. Confirmation is a valuable and formative experience in one’s faith journey, where participants are encouraged to answer the question “Why be a part of the Church?”
Time: Sunday School hour
Where: Room 88
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the commitment for the Confirmation process?
- To gain a well-rounded understanding of the church, we ask Confirmands for participation in regular Sunday School attendance, one fellowship event per semester, one local mission event per semester, the annual NaCoMe Retreat, and to serve as a beadle/acolyte in worship each semester.
- What if I want to join Confirmation in the middle of the process?
- Come on in! Please reach out to the Youth Staff! We will do our best to accommodate you.
- I haven’t been baptized. Can I still participate in Confirmation?
- What is a Class Creed?
- This is a statement of beliefs written by the class. It is filmed at the NaCoMe Retreat and submitted to the Session who evaluates for the class to be received as members.
- I’m unsure I want to join Westminster.
- If you start the Confirmation process, you may pause or stop at any time. If you reach the end of the Confirmation process and are unsure if you want to become a member at Westminster, we understand and are here to support you in your discernment. Doubts and questions can be a healthy part of the process, and we encourage you to explore them with us. We will walk with you no matter where you are in your faith journey. Member or not, all are welcome to the Westminster community and we are glad you are here!