Executive Director of Family Ministries
Plans, implements, and oversees all youth ministry programming including: Sunday school,
Youth Group on Sunday evening, small groups, 8th grade confirmation class and Confirmation
Sunday, church basketball, NaCoMe annual retreat, annual ski trip, summer missions trips, Montreat
Youth Conference, class events, Senior Sunday, local service opportunities, and kick off events.
Specific Responsibilities and Objectives:
• Leads strategic visioning and planning process to insure that short and long term goals are met as well as benchmarks.
• Reports to the Executive Director of Children and Family Ministries. Supervises 1-2 positions.
• Attends weekly WPC program and admin staff meetings and leads weekly youth staff meeting.
• Communicates on behalf of the Youth team in WPC weekly staff meetings, session meetings and reports, congregational meetings and recurring news letters.
• Serves as staff support for Youth and Families Committee.
• Recruits youth leadership and participation in worship, i.e. Senior and Confirmation Sundays, liturgy reading and preaching, beadles/acolytes, and reports after summer trips.
• Works with Youth Council and encourages their work as an extension of the Youth and Family Committee and equip youth to be leaders in the youth ministry.
• Meets with and leads 4 to 6 small groups.
• Builds connections between youth and youth leaders, including parents and young adults.
• Leads worship for youth and their families, both virtually and in person.
• Encourages youth in their extra-curricular activities outside church by attending the events on a weekly basis.
• Meets with youth one-on-one to offer pastoral care and spiritual presence.
• Prays regularly for the youth and the youth ministry program.
Education and Skill Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Experience with youth preferred or similar experience.
• Ability to organize, manage a team; must have good writing/communication skills.
• Flexibility in schedule.
You may call the Westminster Church Office (Sophie Maness, Executive Director of Family Ministries) at 615-292-5526 ext. 224